Saturday, October 27th, it was my secretly my birthday and I didn't even know it. My fellow group members signed me up to volunteer at the farmers market from 12-3, I figured we were going to start planning for the next French lesson, but we got carried away with ticket/cookbook sales. Then we went to Marie's to work on Halloween costumes, but we ended up watching a movie. Dean and Amanda (my host parents) had asked me to take care of Nate for 15 minutes to a half hour while they brought Dean's band equipment to the Ship. Thankfully they offered to pick me up before the babysit and drop me off after. So Dean picked me up from Marie's, although I had thought to take the bus earlier and was convinced otherwise. Dean asked me if I was 19 and had ID on me, he needed to pick up some beer and ice, because Amanda made punch. I went into the convenience store bought the ice, bought the beer, gave Dean his change. He then drove by the house, where I saw Janice walking in, and claimed he wanted to "check on the highway" -which is under construction up the road from our house. When we finally did get to the door I hadn't fully processed why the front hall was full of shoes when I heard everyone yell "SURPRISE!". Then I got massive hugs while laughing at myself. I had no idea, none. Amanda and Janice had been planning it for weeks, they'd been decorating since noon, and Amanda followed Dean in her car to pick up the girls at Marie's. WOW! There was food, drinks, everyone was in costume, it was fantastic! Definitely a highlight of my journey thus far.
After the party Dean was actually planing at the ship, so we went out to watch another amazing performance. In my opinion it was better, because there were Halloween costumes. Check out the pictures on the Las Vegas Lounge Lizard facebook page.

Thank you to all of Niki's new friends and family that took up the challenge of planning Niki's birthday celebration! Not the first time there was a costume party, but it's been many, many years! Kudo's!
ReplyDeleteThats very cool and very sweet of your CWY groupmembers and your billets To throw you a birthday/Halloween party, obviously you loved it and had alot of fun wish I was there to celebrate happy birthday Niki je t'aime <3
ReplyDelete