This Sunday a number of us volunteered at the family fun-day and Duck Race at Rennie's River.
Hot dogs, music, and games awaited us, but the hilight -of course- was the duck race.
The winner won a trip to New York, sensing a potential conflict of interest, I didn't buy a ticket.
Conflict of interest?! What am I saying?
Ghana>New York
St. John's>New York
Picking up all the stranded ducks made for a fun day of volunteering.
Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6
You come from a long legacy of duck races! Don't you remember the Rotary Duck Race down the Capilano River? It was traumatic for you as a plastic ducky lover, you really did want to save them all and "Keep them under my bed!"
ReplyDeletePretty cool event niki knowing you, you had a great time, especially if its with ducks ;)
ReplyDeleteWell, as you may have seen in the video the tarp broke and all those ducks fell where they shouldn't. After I finished filming I rushed down there and started tossing them back in. But I did find one whose head broke off, we never found the head, but I took the body home. It was kind of that part of me who wants to take the smashed pumpkin from the pumpkin patch because someone has to love it.
ReplyDelete