Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Volunteer Placements

Hey just wanted to give a quick run through of the volunteer placements we met with today and yesterday.

1. Eastern Health
2. For the Love of Learning
3. St. John's Community Family Services
4. Refugee Immigrant Advisory Council
5. Multicultural Women's Organization of Newfoundland and Labrador
6. Independent Living Resource Center
7. YMCA
8. MacMorran Community Center
9. Association for New Canadians
10. Marguarite's Place
11. Bridges to Hope

I could never possibly give each organization the attention they deserve in such a short blog post. Nothing is that simple. For the most part, to simplify...


1. Eastern Health: Nursing home assistance
2. For the Love of Learning: Arts with at risk youth
3. St. John's Community Family Services: Hot lunch/ Breakfast programs
4. Refugee Immigrant Advisory Council: Cultural event planning/ skills training
5. Multicultural Women's Organization of Newfoundland and Labrador: Exactly what it sounds like!
6. Independent Living Resource Center:Variety of programs for people with disabilities
7. YMCA: fitness programs and administrative work
8. MacMorran Community Center: Programs and services for low income families (lot's of food!)
9. Association for New Canadians: Assistance with after school clubs for new Canadian youth and children/skills training
10. Marguarite's Place: women's center (not shelter), serving food and planning events
11. Bridges to Hope: dull the effects of poverty, prepare home cooked meals, bake fresh bread, toy lending library, and Christmas Hampers


I have five or more summary points for each organization that I plan to bring to tomorrows speed dating style interviews! Yay!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I am so excited guessing which ones you'd like and which ones you...........would like less? They're all great, I know you'll rock the speed dating, you always do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Alison, youll do great with speed dating, all of these programs look awesome and you'll definitely love the organisation(s) youll be working in Have fun niki it's a win win ;)

    ReplyDelete